GARMENT TECHNICIAN/ PRODUCT DEVELOPER (m/w)
NOTHING BEAUTIFUL ASKS FOR ATTENTION!
IVY & OAK is a young and rapidly growing fashion brand based in Berlin. Designed for self-confident women with a natural, feminine look and an active lifestyle who choose their clothing based on wearability and individuality. Women who effortlessly manage to be themselves – our target group and the source of inspiration for our latest IVY & OAK collection.
The vision and mission of IVY & OAK is to create a more conscious and sustainable form of consumerism. Great quality does not need to be expensive. By eliminating superfluous steps and intermediaries from the distribution chain, we can offer quality products at attractive prices.
Are you looking for a challenge?
- You will work closely with our founder & creative director to develop collection planning for each season, coming up with your input for collection building and with constant injections of your experienced advice
- You will do fittings and prepare tech packs with all relevant technical information
- You will develop shapes, comment and approve all development samples
- You will approve bulk production
- You will follow up and analyze weekly sales, do detailed RR (return rate) end-of-season analysis, monitor online customer comments – any new ideas are welcome in order to understand our customer behavior and reduce RRs
- Quality management: you follow Pre-Production Samples to Production and monitor every problem that could lead to potential delays.
- Critical path – Clear understanding and ownership of Critical Path, which means full transparency on our Product Development and tracking of Deadlines and sample status.
- You will have excellent knowledge of the fashion market
- Communication with our suppliers is key to work hand in hand with them to create an amazing product
- You will travel to Far-East and Europe to make sure that all development standards are fulfilled
- Understanding both our product and customers
- Fair is what we believe in, that also means that we need to make sure that our suppliers and our product is being made according to our values and production standards
- Taking mindful choices is what matters to IVY & OAK
WHAT YOU HAVE GOT
- You are a Garment Technician/Product Developer with excellent knowledge of garment technology and experience in Womenswear
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in product development and production of fashion, preferably in vertical, international retail
- You are experienced in developing tailored garments, just like coats, dresses, tops & blouses, but also knitwear & Jersey
- You have a good understanding of the processes that exist in fast moving fashion companies
- You are experienced in fabrics, print techniques, washings, treatments and dying methods
- You have excellent skills in pattern construction, leading fitting sessions and writing clear comments
- You are able to work on given timelines and prioritization
- You have a problem-solving mind, great communication skills and you love to work in a young and dynamic team
- You are a hands on and enthusiastic character
- You are not scared of taking responsibility and leading and develop processes
- Your strengths shine bright, in particular your assertiveness in negotiations with suppliers
- You speak English fluently
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- The possibility to experience the early stages of an upcoming fashion brand
- A young, motivated team, that works and has a lot of fun together
- Our beautiful office right in the heart of Berlin
- Great employee discounts for the entire collection
- No boredom! There is something happening every day and you are part of the team, right from the beginning
SOUNDS EXCITING? What are you waiting for, we are looking forward to your application, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.